When it comes to using images in your business, sometimes you might need to use a stock image, rather than an original one you have created yourself but there are some things to bear in mind.
My five tips for sourcing stock images
- Source them from stock image websites, don’t just use Google image searches. Most of the images in a Google search will be copyrighted and not for reuse.
- When you use a stock image site, don’t just choose the first image you find
- Check multiple sources if you can’t find what you’re looking for on the first one
- Stick to one style/look to keep things looking consistent
- Check the license and make sure it’s free for personal/commercial use (whichever applies to you) and whether you need to attribute someone
My top 5 free stock image sites
For each one I’ve given an example of a stock image from a search for ‘The Sea’. You can see how the results vary and give a completely different feel. To find out more about why images are so important when it comes to marketing your small business, read my blog.
I hope you found this useful, let me know how you get on sourcing stock images for your business.